USAV Volleyball club
USA Volleyball is the governing body for competitive volleyball in the United States. In 1981, it made a commitment to provide opportunities for young players to play outside of their school programs and in 1991 created a Division of the USAV exclusively devoted to Youth & Junior Olympic Volleyball development. The USAV states that junior volleyball programs represented... "the future of volleyball in the US." [Its junior program] was created to serve as a major building block for scholastic, collegiate, recreational and club play throughout the country.
The Invasion Volleyball Club was founded in 1998 and is a 501(c)4 not-for-profit serving the volleyball community needs of the greater Kansas City Metro area. The purpose of the club is to provide an environment where young athletes will improve in the game of volleyball and learn the important values of team spirit, sportsmanship, and a culture of excellence.
We promote development of all skills and techniques necessary for players to compete at a high level in the game of volleyball- the physical, mental, and emotional. The sport of volleyball will help us teach lifelong lessons to our players, and our mission is to: Develop Better Players, Better Teams, Better People.
We will achieve this mission through
- Build a passion and love for the sport of volleyball.
- Sustain a coaching philosophy throughout the club based on positive reinforcement, encouragement, and motivation, while providing a disciplined environment.
- Run a well-organized club consisting of the following: tryouts, clinics, practices, tournaments, social events, and community involvement.
- Provide year-round training programs.
- Train athletes to excel at higher levels of competition, while tailoring coaching strategies to all needs and abilities.
- Integrate coaching strategies and techniques at each age level so players can take what they have learned and apply it throughout their volleyball careers.
- Provide coaches with the opportunity to improve their skills through the experiences offered in coaching exceptional athletes and through the certification programs established in the USA Volleyball Juniors Program.
- Advise and mentor our athletes in order to timely and effectively market them to college volleyball programs.
- Educate players and their parents about the rules and procedures that govern volleyball, and the various organizations.